Roofing Shingles & Wall Sidings
Roofing Shingles are the most commonly used roofing material in North America, which are now being widely preferred across India.
Shingles come in the form of 3 feet x1 feet sized sheets, in a thickness range of 4 to 12 mm. They are composites of reinforced fiberglass mesh and mineral stabilized, high grade asphalt, which has been overlaid with high strength ceramic coated granules.
They can be conveniently applied on any kind of sloped roofs -RCC slab/wood/fiber cement board etc.
Please scroll down for detailed Product Description, Advantages, Available Designs and Patterns and Application Procedures.
CertainTeed Roofing shingles are Fiberglass reinforced, high grade, Mineral- stabilized asphalt based mats which are overlaid with high strength ceramic coated granules and underlayed with a mineral stabilizer cum fire-retardant
General pattern is made up of two pieces of shingles which are laminated together to form a thicker product to enhance its aesthetics and dimensional appeal. A more varied blend drop effect and shadow line is usually added to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
- CONSTRUCTION- Double laminates fiberglass composition: UL Class A
- SIZE – 335 mm X 1000 mm
- EXPOSURE – 145 mm
- WARRANTY – 25 years limited warranty (see warranty for specific details & limitations)
- WIND RESISTANCE – 15 years 100 km/hr. as per ASTM D3161
- FIRE RATING – Class A fire rating as per ASTM E108/ UL S107-M87
- SPECIAL FEATURE- Self adhesive strip
Advantages of Shingles
- Key Advantages
- Zero maintenance
- Algae resistance
Description of Benefits
- Very durable, in comparison with other alternative roofing products.
- Light in weight – Hence easy to handle.
- Flexible – Aids easy installation.
- Zero Water Absorption
- Availability of Wide range of colours and variety of patterns.
- Can be folded at hips and ridges. Need not be pre-cut.
- Wind resistant, impact proof, fire proof and can withstand – 40 to +100 degree centigrate temperature
- Can be applied even on very steep slopes ranging from 15 to 90 degrees.
- Overlap of more than 50%. This ensures complete waterproofing.
- Versatility of the product. Can be applied both on wooden and concrete decks.
- Comply with ASTM D 3462 for tear resistance (1700 Grams minimum)
- Confirm to ASTM E108 , Class A fire resistance
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
Design and Patterns
Siding is a cladding material which is mounted onto a vertical wall surface generally with the help of anticorrosive fasteners.
- First introduced in 1960s
- Rapid popularity in US & Canada in last 4 decades
- No. 1 choice amongst homemakers for external cladding; twice more than other materials
- Entire range of accessories available
Vinyl Sidings – Composition
- PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride)
- Forms the bulk of composition (Almost 80%)
- Thermoplastic in nature
- Micro Ingredients – Pigment,TiO2, Calcium Sterate
- Pigments or colours are added to enhance appearance
- TiO2 (Titanium di oxide) is added to prevent UV degradation
- Calcium stearate aids in uniform blending of PVC compound and produce a uniform finish to resist cracking
- Processing aids – Waxes, Impact Modifiers, Acrylic Processing aids, Stabilizers
- Waxes – To prevent adhesshion of PVC resin to extruders and impart gloss
- Impact modifiers – To impart strength and robustness
- Acrylic Processing aids – Improves Durability and consistency
- Stabilizers – Prevents degrading of PVC during manufacturing process (Heating and high pressure)
Advantages of Sidings
- Lifetime Fade protection
- Zero maintenance
- Choice of multiple colors
- Does not peel, flake, rust, rot
- Rated No. 1 brand by Building Professionals in USA
- Colour does not fade
- Does not peel off, flake or crack
- Scratches do not show
- Resists denting from day to day occurrences
Design & Patterns